We all take water for granted. It is one of those natural resources that most people do not put a lot of thought into, but in order to continue enjoying that free supply of water for many more years, changes must be made. Rainwater harvesting is the process of collection of rainwater from surfaces on which rain falls, filtering it and storing it for multiple uses. Rainwater harvesting puts the supply of water back to normal levels. Trition Greentech provides turnkey services in areas of harvesting rainwater. Our team of environmentalists, conservationists and civil engineers helps tailor-make rainwater harvesting solutions for your premises.
Some of the benefits of adopting Rain Water Harvesting Techniques are as follows
– The biggest benefit is reduced dependency on water storage dams. The reduced dependency means a reduced amount of stress on the dams and the elimination to expand upon them. Since we have such a limited supply of water available and it is very costly and timely to produce water through dams, the benefit found here is sure one that should be appreciated.
– Using rainwater reduces amount of water consumption in the home, thus all utility bills will greatly shrink in size.
– The collected rainwater can be used for many different purposes around the home. This includes laundry, washing dishes and more. This would prevent groundwater depletion and augment ground water table.
– Rainwater harvesting systems are cost effective, provide high quality water, reduce dependence on wells. The surplus rainwater can also be used to recharge ground water aquifer through artificial recharge techniques.
– It helps to reduce soil erosion as by capturing rainwater, the flow of storm water is reduced which can also prevent urban flooding.
Roof top solar – Green Solutions
How it Works
A rooftop solar PV system, is a power system that uses the limitless energy from the sun to provide clean and usable power. The Photo Voltaic cells convert the sunlight into electrical energy. When multiple such cells are connected in a series parallel connection, the output power is enough to cater electrical loads.
TYPES OF PV SYSTEMS
This system stores energy from the sun, the most popular power storage device today for such systems is the deep discharge solar battery. Power from the batteries is then converted to AC power with a help of an inverter. Such systems are extremely suitable for applications where grid supply is intermittent or unavailable.
This system integrates the rooftop PV system with the utility grid. The output from the solar v system is connected just before the utility energy meter. During the daytime, when the sun is shining, the pv system generates power and feeds the electrical loads. Any power requirement over and above of that generated by solar pv system is seamlessly drawn in from the utility grid. While such systems do NOT provide power at night or during emergency as backup, they reduce the utility electricity bill drastically.
HOW NET METERING WORKS?
Net metering is an agreement wherein; the solar PV system owner is allowed to sell excess solar energy to the utility company or buy deficit energy from the utility company using a meter to track this energy exchange. The meter used for such systems are called NET METERS.